Distress,anxiety and depression can be a normal part of the cancer experience. How do you know if the problem is serious and needs treatment? NCCN and ACS have developed a tool that will help patients identify when they need to get support from outside sources.
* What Is Distress?
* How Do You Know When Distress Is Normal — or More Serious?
* Tools to Help Measure Your Distress
* How Can I Help Myself Cope with Cancer?
* Complementary Therapies
* Cancer Organizations as Resources
* Internet Resources
Work-Up (Evaluation) and Treatment Guidelines: Decision Trees
* Screening for Distress
* Treatment for Mild Distress
* Treatment for Moderate or Severe Distress
For additional information click here.