A couple of days ago I was tagged byÂ DJ Black Adam and charged with completing the followingÂ meme:Â List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what they are. They must be songs you are presently enjoying.Â Being that I’m
scared of cool with DJ BA I figured I’d do it, with a twist.Â I’m going to listÂ my boy’s favorite songsÂ as well as my own.
Devil:Â Â Â Â
- Ice Box by Omarion -Â He likes to say the line “I’m so cold, I’m so cold, I’m so cold.”Â He alsoÂ enjoys performing Lyrical style dance to this song, which is a damnÂ hoot to see.
- Irreplaceable by Beyonce – There’s lots of repetition in this song, and little kids (and apparently adults) love repetition.
- Bad Day by Daniel Powter – If you know my son then the irony is not wasted on you.
- Ordinary People by John Legend – Devil is not into the new Legend CD, but he can still belt out this soulful R&B song. His favorite line “take it [snow], oh,oh oh ooooooh.”
- Hakuna Matata – I purchased the “Lion King” DVD a few years ago before I started my Disney DVD/children’s clothes boycott.Â The boy dug it out a few weeks ago and has been threatening to kill us all, just like Scar and the hyenas, ever since.
- Believe by Josh Grobin – Christmas is year around in my house as we are forced to read “The Polar Express” and listen to this depressing holiday song.
- Love Supreme by John Colrane – I make him listen to this.Â I don’t care if he likes it or not.
- Throw Some Ds by Rich Boy – This may be the catchiest song of the year, kind of in the same league as Young Dro’s Shoulder Lean from last summer
- Diamonds on My Damn Chain by Fabolous and Young Jeezy – When the girl singing the chorus exclaims “I like you, but I really like your damn chain” my wife and IÂ can’t help butÂ laugh.Â Anything that makes us laugh is a good thing.
- I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For by U2 – I never get tired of hearing this sappy rock classic.Â Favorite line:Â “I have kissed honey lips; Felt the healing in her fingertips; It burned like fire; This burning desire.”Â Â Who says crap like that these days?
- I’m a Flirt by R. KellyÂ – The R is doing big things right now.Â He’s innocent until proven guilty.Â In the meantimeÂ he should get the girls from off the ground in the video for this song.Â
- Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics – What the hell is Annie Lennox talking about in this song?Â 1000 plays later and I still have no clue.Â Good song though.
- It Must Have Been Love by RoxetteÂ – (Do you see the trend forming?Â The 80s are like crack to me.)Â Favorite lyric: “I’ve turned to water like a teardrop in your palm.”Â Aw shucks, I’m getting all misty.
- Let the Music PlayÂ by Shannon – This may be my all time dance favorite.Â I’ve bumped this song in my car like I’m listening to Ciara.Â Yeah people stop to stare and assume things about me, but I don’t care.Â Favorite lyric:Â “He tried pretendingÂ our dance is just a dance but I see; He’s dancing his way back to me.”
I think I’ve embarassed myself enough.
OMG Keith, you are showing your age on that musical list. Bring back the 80s! I’m still pumping Come on Eileen in my car to this day! And just to let you know Your devils music and my oldest(16) devils music is not too different. So I guess from toddler to a teenage they listen to the same repetitive crap
Okay…I don’t think anyone who is between the ages of 26-45 will ever let go of a piece of the 80’s and early 90’s. Its ingrained in us…Thats why skinny jeans and mohawks are back!
Let the Music Play! That’s my JAM! “Love said, Let the music play!”
Man, flashback city today!
I was at a circus on Sunday and I saw a couple of little kids with mohawks! I couldn’t believe it!
Love the list and my dollface loves Housemusic (totally 80’s) Our favorite ~ Move your body/jack your body. It’s crazy good lol!
I can’t get over the 80s myself, nice list. My eldest loves that Bad Day song. Especially fun right now because he’s decided he’s some sort of preschool lounge singer and belts out music as loudly as possible (even though he knows approximately 10% of the words). Fun times.
I give you props for admitting some of those songs… I might be too chicken to admit what my 7 would be.
“Let the Music Play”… what memories… especially that cool electronic whip sound in the chorus!
I have to noodle on this one for a day or so before adding my 7 Song List to my blog… I’m sure only one or two dropped in the last decade!
I got tagged as well and I have a Shannon song as well. Yes, the ’80s live on! I saw a boy with a mohawk dyed blond.
My family disagrees with my list of 7. My husband has been blasting I’m a Flirt. My 3 year old son loves him some My Chemical Romance and Green Day. He likes to belt out American Idiot. The 6 year old loves Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson.
Great list, I’m 26 and I really can’t say I’ve heard some of the songs you’ve listed, but I’m sure to find them and give them a listen.