A couple of days ago I was tagged byÂ DJ Black Adam and charged with completing the followingÂ meme:Â List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what they are. They must be songs you are presently enjoying.Â Being that I’m
scared of cool with DJ BA I figured I’d do it, with a twist.Â I’m going to listÂ my boy’s favorite songsÂ as well as my own.
Devil:Â Â Â Â
- Ice Box by Omarion -Â He likes to say the line “I’m so cold, I’m so cold, I’m so cold.”Â He alsoÂ enjoys performing Lyrical style dance to this song, which is a damnÂ hoot to see.
- Irreplaceable by Beyonce – There’s lots of repetition in this song, and little kids (and apparently adults) love repetition.
- Bad Day by Daniel Powter – If you know my son then the irony is not wasted on you.
- Ordinary People by John Legend – Devil is not into the new Legend CD, but he can still belt out this soulful R&B song. His favorite line “take it [snow], oh,oh oh ooooooh.”
- Hakuna Matata – I purchased the “Lion King” DVD a few years ago before I started my Disney DVD/children’s clothes boycott.Â The boy dug it out a few weeks ago and has been threatening to kill us all, just like Scar and the hyenas, ever since.
- Believe by Josh Grobin – Christmas is year around in my house as we are forced to read “The Polar Express” and listen to this depressing holiday song.
- Love Supreme by John Colrane – I make him listen to this.Â I don’t care if he likes it or not.
- Throw Some Ds by Rich Boy – This may be the catchiest song of the year, kind of in the same league as Young Dro’s Shoulder Lean from last summer
- Diamonds on My Damn Chain by Fabolous and Young Jeezy – When the girl singing the chorus exclaims “I like you, but I really like your damn chain” my wife and IÂ can’t help butÂ laugh.Â Anything that makes us laugh is a good thing.
- I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For by U2 – I never get tired of hearing this sappy rock classic.Â Favorite line:Â “I have kissed honey lips; Felt the healing in her fingertips; It burned like fire; This burning desire.”Â Â Who says crap like that these days?
- I’m a Flirt by R. KellyÂ – The R is doing big things right now.Â He’s innocent until proven guilty.Â In the meantimeÂ he should get the girls from off the ground in the video for this song.Â
- Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics – What the hell is Annie Lennox talking about in this song?Â 1000 plays later and I still have no clue.Â Good song though.
- It Must Have Been Love by RoxetteÂ – (Do you see the trend forming?Â The 80s are like crack to me.)Â Favorite lyric: “I’ve turned to water like a teardrop in your palm.”Â Aw shucks, I’m getting all misty.
- Let the Music PlayÂ by Shannon – This may be my all time dance favorite.Â I’ve bumped this song in my car like I’m listening to Ciara.Â Yeah people stop to stare and assume things about me, but I don’t care.Â Favorite lyric:Â “He tried pretendingÂ our dance is just a dance but I see; He’s dancing his way back to me.”
I think I’ve embarassed myself enough.