Our goals in this course are to provide consumer advocates with the tools they need to:
- Successfully navigate the world of medical information,
- Critically appraise research studies,
- Influence the creation of responsible public policy in healthcare, and
- Help the people they serve to make healthcare choices based on the best available evidence.
In these six modules, we will illustrate key concepts with compelling real-world examples, covering the following topics and issues:
- Module 1. INTRO: What is evidence-based healthcare and why is it important?
- Module 2. ASK: The importance of research questions in evidence based healthcare.
- Module 3. ALIGN: Research design, bias and levels of evidence.
- Module 4. ACQUIRE: Searching for healthcare information. Assessing harms and benefits.
- Module 5. APPRAISE: Behind the numbers: Understanding healthcare statistics. Science, speed and the search for best evidence.
- Module 6: APPLY: Critical appraisal and making better decisions for evidence-based healthcare, Determining causality.
Click here to take course.
Leave A Comment