The Early Access Committee Announces an Additional Site for Radium-223 Chloride (Alpharadin) in Castration-Resistant (Hormone-Refractory) Prostate Cancer Patients With Bone Metastases
We have been able to get Bayer to open another early access site for Alpharedin. This additional site is in Boston, Ma. In addition to this new site there are still three other sites.
This trial will have no placebo and there will not be any cost for the Alpharadin. In certain cirmustances there might be some costs. So check with the site prior to beginning the therapy.
Basic Eligibility Criteria:
• CRPC/HRPC – on hormone therapy with progressive disease
• At least 2 bone metastases – blastic (sclerotic), not lytic
• Some amount of pain/bone pain (must be taking daily meds – even if it’s Tylenol)
• No mets to lung, liver, or brain
• HGB 10.0 or higher
• Previously treated with Taxotere (or have refused Taxotere – patient’s choice)
• 4 weeks since chemo, and No chemo currently planned
• No abiraterone (Zytiga) while on Alpharadin – previous OK
• No previous extensive radiation to bone (> 25% of bone marrow), and No previous Quadramet or Strontium 89
If you think you fit this Basic Eligibility Criteria, contact one of the sites below for further screening.
Contact: Euodia Jonathan, email@example.com (prefers EMAIL), or (650) 723-7419
Stanford, CA 94305
Moffitt Cancer Center
Contact: Bonnie Sauder, RN (813) 745-3574 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tampa, FL 33612
Contact: Patrick Cotogno (504) 988-6542 or email@example.com
New Orleans, LA 70112
Mass General Hospital
Contact: Carol or Kara (617) 724-5257
Comprehensive Cancer Ctrs of Nevada
Las Vegas, NV 89169
Contact: Victoria Le (702) 952-340 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alpharadin is a systemic treatment for bone mets when a patient can not have any additional radiation or when there are multiple tumor sites.
Joel T Nowak, M.A., M.S.W.