Our first-ever all-female panel of clinicians, sharing the latest treatment and quality of life strategies for patients with prostate cancer.
The Prostate Cancer Patient Conference
The NYC prostate cancer summit produced by patients for patients.
Twelve great prostate cancer clinicians. Lots of time for your questions, too.
Enjoy a beautiful fall weekend in New York City
Spend Saturday saving your life and then spend Sunday enjoying your life.
8:30 -9:00 Breakfast
Morning: Prostate Cancer Treatment
9:00-9:05 Welcome Darryl Mitteldorf, LCSW — Malecare
9:05-9:15 Introduction and outline of the day Philippa Cheetham, MD — Mount Sinai Medical Center
9:15-9:30 Does Your Doctor’s Gender Matter? Suzette E. Sutherland, MD, University of Washington Medical Center, Past-President of the Society of Women in Urology
9:30-9:55 Ablation Therapy (Hifu, Cryo): When, why and how? Kristin Scarpato, MD, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
9:55-10:20 Deborah Jennings. The daughter and wife of men with prostate cancer. She is a well-known educator and cancer advocate, too. You may recall the many, brilliant New York Times articles in 2008 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_… about her husband, Dana’s struggle with advanced-stage prostate cancer at age 51. Ms. Jennings will talk about things she knows now that she wishes she knew then.
10:20-10:50 Dr Cheetham, Dr Sutherland, Ms. Jennings and Dr Scarpato respond to questions.
11:05-11:30 Castration-resistant prostate cancer: Latest Approaches, Susan Slovin, MD, PhD– Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
11:30-11:55 Castration resistant prostate cancer part 2/ Novel therapies in development, Karen Autio, MD — Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
11:55-12:25 Dr. Cheetham, Dr. Slovin, and Dr Autio, respond to questions
Afternoon: Quality of Life Issues – for patients and partners
1:10 – 1:35 Life without Testosterone Carolyn Salter, MD – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
1:35 -2:00 Sexual Rehabilitation after Prostate Cancer treatment Melissa Kaufman, MD –Vanderbilt University Medical Center
2:00– 2:25 Urinary Rehabilitation – incontinence and voiding dysfunction Laura Leddy, MD – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
2:25-2:50 Intimacy for Patients and Partners Rachel Hoffman, Social Worker — Sex Expert
2:50- 3:40 Dr Cheetham, Dr Salter, Dr. Leddy, Dr Kaufman and Ms Hoffman respond to questions
3:55-4:20 Active Surveillance: Is it right for me? Sigrid Carlsson, MD — Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
4:20-4:45 Psychosocial Aspects of Genetic Testing Jada Hamilton, Ph.D. Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
4:45-5:10 Palliative Care – Pain Reduction and Emotions Kavita Dharmarajan, MD – Mount Sinai Medical Center
5:10-5:40 Dr. Cheetham, Dr Hamilton, Dr Dharmarajan, and Dr Carlsson respond to questions
5:40-6:00 Final remarks Dr CheethamFACULTY
- Medical Oncologist – Karen Autio, MD – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Epidemiologist – Sigrid Carlson, MD – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Urologist – Philippa Cheetham, MD – Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Radiation Oncologist – Kavita Dharmarajan, MD – Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Psychologist – Jada Hamilton, Ph.D. – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Social Worker – Rachel Hoffman, LCSW – Sexual Health and Activity Clinician
- Urologist – Melissa Kaufman, MD – Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Urologist – Laura Leddy, MD – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Urologist – Carolyn Salter, MD – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Urologist – Kristen Scarpato, MD – Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Medical Oncologist – Susan Slovin, MD, PhD – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Urologist – Suzette E. Sutherland, MD, University of Washington Medical Center, Past-President of the Society of Women in Urology
Our conference meets at Convene, New York’s latest state of the art event facility at 237 Park Avenue in Manhattan. The easily accessible venue is custom-built with unique features for an elevated experience.
We believe people are energized when they taste something great. Attendees will be treated to a breakfast and lunch that will animate conversations and boost listening. Created by Chef German Villatoro, Malecare’s brilliant food service will be a first of its kind experience for a prostate cancer conference. All food, drinks, and snacks included in your ticket.
We expect hundreds of wonderful people to attend. We hope to see you there!
A ticket is required for entry. People without tickets will be denied access – no exceptions – so be sure to buy a ticket to get in.