This past week I visted the site of one of my blog bretheren DJ Black Adam.Â It was there that I started to ponder this thing called love.Â After a few days of searching my quirky soulÂ I do believe that I discovered what love means to me.Â I developed criteria forÂ measuringÂ and quantifying love.Â Â The theory isÂ based on my being a dad, and the unconditional loveÂ of a parentÂ for aÂ child, nevertheless it’s transferrable to all relationships. Â Needless to say I am a genius.Â Here is whatÂ I determined love (between humans) is:
- When you can hold another person’s poop in the palm of your left hand, then wipe their buttÂ with your right,Â without any hopes of salary.Â (This applies to babies/kids and sick adults.)
- When you can hold another person in your arms and allow them to cough, sneeze, bleed, or throw up on you withoutÂ caringÂ about contracting something.
- When you truly want to see a person do well and be happy without even the slightestÂ hint of jealousy or envy.Â (This is a hard one because many juealousÂ folk have no clue that they are jealous folk.)
- When you would do anything to see a person not suffer mentally or physically, fail, endure hardship, including give your own life.
- When in conversation you find yourself actually listening to a person with a deep sincere interest because you care about what they have to say, rather than thinking about all the witty things you want to say.
Now, think about all the people that you’d do all of the above for.Â Those are the people that you love so much that that you oftenÂ find yourself stressing about their well being; you think about their happiness more than your own.Â You are not a martyr when it comes to these people, you just love them.Â Some people may interject that this love is unhealthy,