I was tagged by my homie Becky for an “8 things you didn’t know about me” meme. At this point many of you know more about me than my own mother, but I still have some nuggets to share. So I might as well give up eight now.
1. The title of this post is one of my favorite songs of all time. Of course it’s a Simple Minds tune from the movie The Breakfast Club and it reps the Eighties big time.
2. My wife’s one carat VVS quality diamond flew from her engagement ring at Madison Square Garden while Prince performed Purple Rain. When the lights came up and the place emptied she actually found it!
3. I’ve worked in nonprofit for 10 years and it goes to 16 if you overlap the years that I’ve held two jobs in nonprofit simultaneously, and if you include my volunteer work.
4. One of my best friends, who I’ve known for 17 years, bought me lunch last Friday at an Indo-Chinese place. Life without friends may very well be a life not worth living.
5. I would get braces or veneers if I had the money.
6. My son’s bedroom is bigger than mine. No wonder he calls himself the king. Clearly he needs a sibling. Too bad that’s not happening.
7. I took the Dev on his first Staten Island Ferry ride last week and he loved seeing the Statue of Liberty up close. We called it “our little adventure.” The next thing we’re going to do together is go to the observation deck of the Empire State Building. Then we’re going to visit Ellis Island in person. He’s my favorite little tourist.
8. I weigh nearly 100 pounds more than my wife and she loves it. I keep telling her that I look like a darn pig in the documentary and she can’t see it. The blindness of love is what sustains me.
I’m going to eventually tag eight others but right now I want to finish watching The Ten Commandments.?