Are you smart and hardworking and obsessed with burying prostate cancer once and for all? Then this is the job for you. “Save the Males,” a/k/a National The Prostate Cancer Coalition, seeks a talented fundraiser, organizer and activist.
Oh dream job, where have you been??
The National Prostate Cancer Coalition is an excellent organization which offers support and advice on a broad range of issues, including legal and financial. They also have a good section on nutrition. I highly recommend checking out their website, fightprostatecancer.org.
Recently, there was a highly publicized study which concluded that desk jobs are not good for men with prostate cancer (or for preventing prostate cancer!). But before you go out and get a job in construction, remember how often they change their mind about these things.
First they said, for example, that there is a link between prostate cancer and promiscuity. Now they say “frequent ejaculation” is not a risk factor. So at least if you’re a guy and you get this job, you’ll be able to stay focused, if you know what I mean. ;-))
|Fundraising Coordinator||Posted Feb 25|
National Prostate Cancer Coalition , Washington, DC
Save the Males! A guy dies from prostate cancer every 18 minutes and you can help. It could be your dad, uncle or brother –- or even you. Help make a difference in the world by joining our team today.
Do you seek a position where you will be respected and given opportunities to flourish and succeed? A position with a chance for promotion? A position where you will be a pioneer in the fight against cancer.
If so, than the National Prostate Cancer Coalition – the nation’s leader in the fight against prostate cancer – would like for you to apply now for our newly created development associate position. Ideally, you are ambitious and hardworking with the skill set to write grant proposals, coordinate fundraising campaigns and events and manage its fundraising database, acknowledgements and other fundraising documents.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Research, write and prepare grant proposals to be submitted to government agencies, private foundations and businesses
• Add and update information in the development database
• Manage all of the organization’s acknowledgements and maintain business and individual donor records
• Work closely with the Director of Corporate Development and the Senior Vice President of Resources to coordinate fundraising campaigns to businesses and individuals by direct mail and online initiatives
• Help coordinate fundraising elements of organization’s events including the Drive Against Prostate Cancer, a Washington, DC-based run and annual Gala.
• B.A. degree required and at least one year of experience in development for a non-profit organization
• Strong and persuasive writing skills
• Demonstrated proficiency with a variety of computer programs including development software, MS Office and Internet use.
• Highly organized
• Budgeting and analytical skills
• Self-motivated, flexible and good problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated initiative, creativity and resourcefulness and a positive attitude toward delivering results
• Sense of humor for a casual office atmosphere
Interested applicants send a resume and cover letter to:
Mr. Jamie Bearse
Executive Vice President
National Prostate Cancer Coalition
1154 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
202-303-3105 – direct line